the Chimay Triple,
achieves a rare balance
of sweet and bitter
De Chimay Triple is an authentic trappist beer
That means that it is brewed within the walls of a Trappist monastery under the supervision and responsibility of the monastic community, which is involved in the entire process of making and selling the ale.
The bulk of the revenue that this activity generates is used to finance social services and cover the community’s needs.
Our different formats
The Chimay Triple exists in 33cl, 75cl and 150cl bottles.
In some bars and restaurants it is also available on tap.
Recipe with Chimay Triple Carpaccio of apple, scallops and Grand Chimay
INGREDIENTS (serves four)
For the cheese croutons
- 2 slices toasting bread, crusts removed
- 100 g cheese A la Premiere grated
- 3 cl olive oil
- 2 g curry powder
- 8 scallops
- 4 slices «Grand Chimay»
- 1 Jonagold apple
- fresh dill sprigs
- spring onion, finely chopped
For the mayonnaise
- 2 dl basic mayonnaise
- 3 cl Chimay Triple/li>
- freshly ground pepper
For the croutons
- Sprinkle the toasting bread with olive oil and season with freshly ground pepper. Put a slice of cheese A la Premiere on each piece of bread. Brown under the grill. Allow the toast to cool and cut into equal sized croutons.
For the carpaccio
- Cut each scallop into four equal sized pieces and cut out rounds of the same size from the «Grand Chimay» cheese.
- Peel the apple. Using a pastry cutter, cut out a cylindrical shape from the apple flesh and then cut this up into equal sized circles.
- Beat the mayonnaise with the Chimay Triple and the pepper.