INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 2 shallots, minced
- 250 gm (½ lb.) of mushrooms cut in quarters
- 4 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 50 gm (¼ cup + 1 tbsp.) of butter
- 300 gm (10 oz.) of cooked and peeled small (“Ratte”) potatoes
- 300 gm (10 oz.) of cooked and peeled purple (“Vitelotte”) potatoes
- 8 thin slices of Ardennes ham, cut in strips
- 600 gm (1½ lb.) of cheese à la Chimay Première
- Braise the potatoes
- Brown the shallots and mushrooms with a dab of butter and add the minced sage.
- Add the previously finely sliced potatoes to this mixture.
- Melt the Chimay Première cheese in the raclette machine.
- Serve cold with the slices of Ardennes ham and a cool Chimay Première ale.