INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 1 kg (2.2 lb.) of raw floury potatoes
- 200 gm (7 oz.) of smoked bacon diced in tiny sticks
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 100 ml (1/3 cup) of Chimay Cinq Cents
- 400 gm (14 oz.) of Poteaupré cheese, diced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Peel and wash the potatoes and boil them in lightly salted water. Once they are cooked, take them out of the water and cut them into strips.
- Braise the diced bacon in a skillet with a little butter. Peel the onions and slice in narrow strips. Add them to the bacon and let brown over low heat. Add the chopped rosemary and crushed clove of garlic.
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish. Add the onions-and-bacon mixture. Pat down thoroughly.
- Pour the Chimay Cinq Cents over the dish and cover with the diced Poteaupré cheese.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.