Crêpes with Trappist beer
INGREDIENTS (serves four)
- 400 g pure wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 40 g caster sugar (or vanilla sugar if preferred)
- 5 eggs
- 6 dl full cream milk
- 4 dl Chimay Blue
- 50 g melted butter
- Make the crêpe batter: mix the flour with the
salt and the sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a hollow in the middle and add the eggs.
- Stir the eggs in thoroughly until you have a
- Mix the full cream milk with the Chimay Blue, and beat in little by little to
create a smooth, liquid batter. At the end, stir in the melted butter.
- Cover the batter with cling film and rest in the refrigerator for thirty
- Melt a knob of butter in a pancake pan and reduce the heat by a third.
- Ladle the batter into the pan, and tip the pan until the base is
completely coated. Quickly return the pan to the heat and fry for one minute (or thirty
seconds on an induction hob) until the crêpe is nicely browned.
- Flip the crêpe with a spatula and fry for a further thirty seconds.
Serve the crêpes with a selection of different types of sugar