the Chimay Gold,
with its refreshing aromas
of hops and spices
The Chimay Dorée, which is brewed in the heart of Scourmont Abbey, was for long reserved for the monastic community and its guests and staff. Its refreshing aromas of hops and spice are now yours to try. The Chimay Dorée comes in 330 ml bottles and on tap.
The Chimay Gold is an authentic trappist product
Our recipe remains unchanged from the beginning and we are transparent about the ingredients that compose our beers. Water, malted barley, sugar, hops, spices and yeast. Sugar is necessary for the creation of carbon dioxide during the second fermentation. Chimay Gold is a beer fermented in the bottle that contains yeast.
Our different formats
The Chimay Gold exists in 33cl and 75cl bottles.
In some bars and restaurants, it is also available on tap.
Recipe with Chimay Gold Artful salad with scampi, tomato and fennel
INGREDIENTS (serve four)
- 36 scampi, peeled and cleaned
- 5 cl olive oil
- 2 heads fennel, cut into thin slices
- 1 dl de Chimay Gold
- 2 tomatoes, peeled
- pepper and fine sea salt
- 100 g « Grand Chimay » cheese
- 2 dl tomato sauce
- fresh dill sprigs
- Briefly fry the scampi in the olive oil. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, fry the fennel and then add the Chimay Gold. Braise until soft. Cut the tomato into thin slices and add to the fennel. Season to taste with pepper and sea salt.
- Cut the Grand Chimay cheese into equal cubes and heat up the tomato sauce until lukewarm.
Arrange the braised fennel and tomato mixture on the plates. Then arrange the scampi on each plate. Garnish with a few cubes of cheese, drops and tomato sauce and sprigs of dill.