INGREDIents (serves four)
- 4 large shallots
- 1 rabbit, divided up into pieces
- 50 g butter
- pepper and salt
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, bay and parsley stalks)
- 1 l Chimay Red
- 2 slices gingerbread
- 50 g mild mustard
- 200 g carrot, cut into cubes
- 200 g turnips, cut into cubes
- Clean the shallots and cut them into thin slices.
Brown the rabbit pieces in the melted butter
(‘beurre noisette’) and season with salt and
pepper. Add the shallots and the bouquet garni.
- Pour in the beer. Spread the gingerbread slices
with mustard and arrange them on top of the
rabbit pieces. Bring gently to the boil, then
cover and simmer for thirty minutes.
- Add the carrot and turnip cubes, cover and
simmer for a further thirty minutes.
Serve the rabbit with floury boiled potatoes and apple mousseline