INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 1 30 x 30 cm (12 x 12-inch) square of puff pastry dough
- 200 gm (7 oz.) of smoked bacon
- 300 gm (¾ lb.) of Belgian endives
- 50 gm (3 Tbsp.) of butter
- 200 gm (7 oz.) of Poteaupré cheese
- fresh oregano leaves
- 300 ml (1 cup) of (heavy or light) cream
- 4 eggs
- 100 ml (1/3 cup) of Chimay Première ale
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Line a pie pan with the puff pastry dough.
- Press the dough down thoroughly and cut off the excess.
- Cook the bacon to a golden color in a little butter.
- Mince the Belgian endives and add to the bacon.
- Leave the mixture to braise and remove the excess liquid by filtering through a sieve to avoid softening the dough.
- Add the diced cheese and a few leaves of oregano to the bacon-and-endives mixture.
- Cover the bottom of the pie crust with this mixture.
- Beat the eggs with the Chimay Première and cream.
- Pour over the quiche filling and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.