the Chimay Première,
with its coppery colour
and its sweet taste
Chimay Premiere is an authentic trappist product
That means that it is brewed within the walls of a Trappist monastery under the supervision and responsibility of the monastic community, which is involved in the entire process of making and selling the ale.
The bulk of the revenue that this activity generates is used to finance social services and cover the community’s needs.
Our different formats
Chimay Première exists in 33cl and 75cl bottles.
In some bars and restaurants it is also available on tap.
- on tap
Recipe with Chimay Première Rabbit with Chimay Première
INGREDIENTS (serves four)
- 4 large shallots
- 1 rabbit legs, divided up into pieces
- 50 g butter
- pepper and salt
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, bay and parsley stalks)
- 1 l de Chimay Première
- 2 slices gingerbread
- 50 g mild mustard
- 200 g carrot, cut into cubes
- 200 g turnips, cut into cubes
- Clean the shallots and cut them into thin slices. Brown the rabbit pieces in the melted butter (‘beurre noisette’) and season with salt and pepper. Add the shallots and the bouquet garni.
- Pour in the beer. Spread the gingerbread slices with mustard and arrange them on top of the rabbit pieces. Bring gently to the boil, then cover and simmer for thirty minutes.
- Add the carrot and turnip cubes, cover and simmer for a further thirty minutes.
Serve the rabbit with floury boiled potatoes and apple mousseline.