the Chimay Grande Réserve,
with its powerful
and complex aromas
Chimay Grande Réserve is an authentic trappist product
This means that it is brewed within the walls of a Trappist monastery, under the control and responsibility of the community of monks, who are involved through the process of making and marketing the beer.
Most of the income generated by this activity is devoted to the needs of the community and social works.
Our different formats
The Chimay Blue also exists in bottle of 33cl, 75cl, 150cl and 300cl.
In some bars and restaurants it is also available on tap
Recipe with the Chimay Grande Réserve Crêpes with Trappist beer
Ingredients (serves four)
- 400 g pure wheat flour
- pinch of salt
- 40 g caster sugar (or vanilla sugar if preferred)
- 5 eggs
- 6 dl full cream milk
- 4 dl Chimay Grande Reserve
- 50 g de melted butter
- Make the crêpe batter: mix the flour with the salt and the sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a hollow in the middle and add the eggs.
- Stir the eggs in thoroughly until you have a thick batter.
- Mix the full cream milk with the Chimay Grande Réserve, and beat in little by little to create a smooth, liquid batter.
- At the end, stir in the melted butter.
- Cover the batter with cling film and rest in the refrigerator for thirty minutes.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pancake pan and reduce the heat by a third.
- Ladle the batter into the pan, and tip the pan until the base is completely coated.
- Quickly return the pan to the heat and fry for one minute (or thirty seconds on an induction hob) until the crêpe is nicely browned.
- Flip the crêpe with a spatula and fry for a further thirty seconds.
Chimay around the world
CHIMAY TRAPPIST BEERS AROUND THE WORLD
Our Trappist beers are appreciated all over the world.
You can find them in many establishments near you or on your travels.
Propose your establishment
Please fill out the fields below so that your proposal may be submitted and validated.